• To create a classroom community and to learn more about one another
• To practice speaking to a group of your peers
• To put into practice the general elements of a well-written speech that we have gone over
• To practice listening to one another actively
• To practice self-presenting in a way that you may have to in future jobs and community
Your First Speech
- This is a speech of introduction, so you will be speaking about yourself to your classmates.
- . Obviously, “yourself” is a huge topic. You will need to narrow this down. Tips:
- Do not just recap superficial facts about yourself. Avoid talking about where you go to school and what classes you are taking.
- It may help you if you ask yourself this question: What is the one thing that defines you as an unique individual. You may think “nothing” or “something boring,” but we will spend some time the week before the speech is due conducting a thorough self-awareness inventory to help you to answer this question.
- If you have to question whether or not it is appropriate subject matter for the classroom, leave it out!
Due Date: Monday, March 4th