You need your self-awareness inventory and the speech that the sub hands out to answer the following questions. You need to hand your answers in by the end of class.
- Think back to the relaxation stations. Pick one of them that you believe that you actually would use before a speech. In a paragraph, explain which of these you picked and why you picked it. How can you use it before a speech?
- Look at your self awareness inventory. Pick two answers that you might use for a speech. Expand each of the two into a paragraph (a total of two paragraphs) similar to those listed in the handout.
- Read the speech "A Little Chocolate" and answer the following questions.
- How is the speech structured?
- What type of evidence is used? (Refer to your notes, explain where in the text it is used.)
- Explain how the speech uses ethos, pathos, or logos and whether or not you believe that it is effective in its use of it. Defend your answer.